Meet Alexey Manasuev
Alex Manasuev is a U.S. tax attorney. Alex has over 16 years of U.S. tax, international tax, and transfer pricing experience. Alex assists clients from a broad range of industries, including businesses, high net worth individuals, and U.S. citizens and Green card holders residing outside the United States, including Canada.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in International Taxation (Hauser Global Scholar).
- Institute of EC Law at MGIMO (Master of Jurisprudence degree with honors).
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO-University) (Bachelor of Jurisprudence degree with honors).
Alexey is a Foreign Legal Consultant (Law Society of Upper Canada, Ontario). He is admitted to the State of New York Bar and the District of Columbia Bar. Alexey is also admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court.
- American Bar Association Section of Taxation and Estates and Trusts.
- New York State Bar Association Tax Section.
Selective Speaking Engagements
- “International Tax Developments”, 2014 ABA Section of Taxation Joint Fall Meeting (Denver, September 2014).
- “Upcoming U.S. Tax Reform and Comparison of U.S. and Canadian Tax Systems”, Networking Seminars (Toronto, September 2012).
Articles, Publications and Selective Writing Contributions
Please visit U.S. Tax IQ Ltd website to see a full list of my representative publications.
Story & History
I am a US tax attorney practicing out of Canada. I help individuals and businesses with their US tax and international tax issues. After my LL.M. in International Taxation studies at New York University School of Law (NYU School of Law), I clerked for the Honorable David Laro of the United States Tax Court in Washington, D.C. (USA). I then gained more experience in US tax and international tax by working with a global law firm and big four accounting firms.
Values & Mission
My mission is to help people and businesses who require US tax assistance or representation before the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) solve their US tax issues and concerns. I value integrity, professionalism, expertise, thought leadership, and practicality. These values guide me in rendering my services to my clients. I also believe in community involvement and pro-bono work that I do on a regular basis.